Once you’ve added resources to your collection, you can really begin to personalize and differentiate it with the collection editor. This section explains how you can easily rearrange resources, update your description or other details, make a copy, add more resources, and more!
Edit a Collection
1. Open your collection editor tool.
*Tip: You can get here by clicking "Edit" Collection on the builder…Or from your My Resources under the “Actions” dropdown menu.
2. Click ‘Edit Details’ to edit the title, folder type, description, grade levels, subjects, content covered, standards addressed, and more!
3. Reorder items to create a sequence and flow that is fitting for your learners
4. You can edit individual resources by clicking on the three-dots icon
Hide from Player - allows the resource to be hidden from the player view, but still keeps the resource in the collection to be gradually released from learners if and when relevant
Copy To - Differentiate instruction with multiple lesson collections and easily copy resources to personalize instructional materials for different groups of learners!
Move To - Move learning objects to different lesson collections to maintain an organized, robust sequence of learning objects for every lesson
Delete - Permanently remove a resource from your collection.
Add a Note - Educators can choose between adding a student-facing note to help guide instruction or a teacher-facing note to put reminders, talking points, prompts to ask students, and more!
Learning Explorer's robust library of learning objects makes creating the foundation of any lesson easy but personalizing is what makes lesson planning fun and unique for your classroom! Enhance any lesson collection with our suite of customization tools such as uploading existing files from your computer, incorporating rich media such as images from Pixabay, adding directions and context for your instruction with 'add a page,' or leveraging your favorite Google productivity tools!
Add a Link
You can add any link to your collection with a simple copy-paste.
1. Find a link you wish to use, and copy the link
2. Paste the link into the Web Link tool
3. Select the added media type (webpage, video, or image)
4. Click Add to Folder, and then rearrange the added link to fit the flow of your collection.
Upload a file
Any file can be uploaded from your computer into your collection.
Click on choose file and select the file you would like to add from your computer.
Give it a title and then click on the orange “Upload” button
*Note: any file you upload directly to a collection can also be accessed in your My Uploads folder in your Curriculum Manager
Add a Pixabay Image
Add high-quality images directly to your collection with Pixabay’s Image Search.
1. Type a descriptive term into the search bar to launch a search (you can also select an image type if you want something specific)
2. Click on the images you want to select
3. Click Add Selected to Folder, and then rearrange the images to fit the flow of your collection
Create a Page
Create custom pages to use in your collection, and edit them at any time. Create a table of contents, list out student directions, craft a problem-solving task, embed a video with questions, add an image, or insert a calendar. The opportunities are endless with this blank drawing board!
Click on a topic to explore ways to maximize the Create a Page tool:
Embed Content – Code View
*Tip: Whatever you do, don’t forget to click save before leaving the page!