This section details how to navigate to the different places in Lesson Planet, beginning with the navigation bar.
The navigation bar is with you wherever you go on the site.
- On the left is the logo and search tool. You can use the search bar to search for resources no matter where you are on the platform.
- The right side is broken down into four main menus: Discover, Solutions, About, and Your name. Let’s look at these menus in more detail.
Hover over Discover to reveal a dropdown with five main resource areas. From here, you can easily jump from one area to the next.
- Click on Discover Resources to launch the search page to search and filter all the learning resources available to you with your membership.
- You can conduct one search across all the content curators in your Lesson Planet account, including our Lesson Planet library of hundreds of thousands of educator-reviewed resources. Learn more about the search and filter tools in our Search and Filtering section.
Curriculum Manager (My Resources)
- Click on My Curriculum Manager to access your saved resources, uploaded files, and your collections
- You can manage, create, upload, edit, and view all of your resources individually, or organize these resources into structured folders. Learn more about the Curriculum Manager in our Manage Curriculum section.
Browse Resource Directory
- Click on Browse Resource Directory to browse instructional resources by subject and topic. Learn more about browsing in our Find Resources section.
- Click on Curriculum Calendar to explore curriculum resources by date.
- You can find timely teaching topics around holidays, historic events, or significant figures. Click on any event to find a breadth of related teaching resources that will spark new ideas to spice up your daily lessons. Learn more about the Curriculum Calendar in our Find Resources section.
Lesson Planning Articles
- Click on Lesson Planning Articles to explore timely and inspiring teaching ideas to use in the classroom.